Animal Alphabet Phonics Short Stories
5 benefits of teaching Phonics!
1. Phonics is a great way to learn how to read. It simplifies the English language and breaks it down into 44 sounds.
2. Teachers help students to 'decode' words by breaking then down into their sounds.
We know today that phonics is one of the most efficient ways of teaching students to learn how to read. Sounds are taught from easiest to hardest: e.g. Short single letter sounds, for example the short ‘a’, ‘e’, ‘i’, ‘o’, and ‘u’ first. After that two letters blends and so on.
3. Teaching phonics is one of the most important stepping stones for helping students in early reading. When students are familiar with the sounds that the letters make they can to use them when reading to split a word by sounds and make reading easer . It is proven to be more effective with younger students, but can be used at any age.
4. Among the 44 sounds there are some known as: digraphs – ee, ai, etc. These make one sound. Trigraphs – ear, air, etc, also these make one sound. Split digraphs – a_e, o_e, etc, these usually make a long vowel sound.
5. Phonics provide students with the opportunity to learn how to read almost any word. These skills stay with the students and supply a stepping stone to enjoyable reading.